Origin Effects Halcyon Green Overdrive
The Halcyon Green Overdrive is the first pedal to feature Origin Effects new Adaptive circuitry. This unique design allows this simple pedal to adapt its voicing in response to pick attack and volume changes, making it one of the most dynamic and interactive overdrives out there.
Yes, Origin Effects used the Ibanez® TS808 Tube Screamer® as a starting point, but this pedal is much more than just another clone.
The Tube Screamer® is an all-time classic for a reason. Its mid-forward voicing, low-gain drive and a touch of clean signal make it a great choice for pushing an amp, allowing players to jump out of the mix for a solo. But turn down your guitar volume or play softly and that mid-pushed drive tone becomes a thin, nasal clean tone. It’s the “all or nothing” nature of classic drive pedals that has us stacking numerous pedals for various shades of saturation.
Origin effects ADAPT switch allows this mid-forward voicing to gradually fade away as the pedal cleans up, giving you classic TS808 tone with your guitar cranked but revealing the full spectrum of your clean tone as you roll back the volume knob. Essentially, you can vary how “on” the pedal is by adjusting your guitar volume or playing dynamics.
Despite being Origin Effects simplest pedal yet, there are still plenty of features beyond those of the original pedal, with two ADAPT settings, a DRY level control for adjusting the clean signal and a choice of VOICE settings. Select 808 for the
classic TS808 mid hump or MOD for a brighter, more focused presence peak, which works great when tightening up high-gain tones or adding extra bite to humbuckers. Of course, all the sounds of the stock TS808 are available
too, should you want them, recreated with Origin-level accuracy.
Halcyon Green Overdrive Key Features & Specs :
- Adaptive circuitry responds to volume changes and playing dynamics
- Based on the iconic Ibanez Tube Screamer®
- DRY level control for extra tweakability
- Voice switch offers two types of mid push
- Ultra-high input impedance
- High-quality buffered bypass
- Premium components throughout
- Tour grade, all metal construction with premium components throughout.
- Designed and built in England.
- Dimensions : 12,4 x 6,4 x 5,8 cm
- Weight : 500 grams
- Power Requirements : 9V DC 2,1 mm centre-negative external power supply only (NOT INCLUDED).
- Recommended power supply : Cioks power supplies