Origin Effects BassRIG Super Vintage
The Origin Effects BassRIG Super Vintage is a bass overdrive and preamp pedal that is a recreation of the legendary and thunderous Ampeg® SVT® bass amplifier AND it's iconic refrigerator sized 8x10" speaker cabinet. All shrunk into a small sturdy metal enclosed pedal for your pedal board - ready for your next studio session, band practise, gig or even world tour !
The Origin Effects BassRIG Super Vintage can be used as your entire Bass amp rig, hence the name BassRIG, or as a tone shaping overdrive and preamp "front-end" to your excisting bass amp or a house backline.
Analog Amp Recreation
Origin Effects has recreated the entire circuit of the original Ampeg® SVT® valve amplifier in a miniature format using discrete all analog component, so you can have the legendary sound without the dreaded weight of the original.
The BassRIG has controls for Output (volume), Blend, Drive, Bass, Midrange (with 3-way toogle switch : 220Hz, 800Hz, 3KHz), Treble. A 3-way toogle switch for flat, Ultra Hi or LO Cut.
Clean Blend Control
The Blend control allows you to blend in clean signal to preserve note clarity and low-end to make your own perfect sound, should you wish to.
Analog cabinet simulated DI out
The BassRIG Super Vintage has a balanced XLR DI out, which features all analog cabinet simulation of the iconic 8x10" Ampeg® speaker cabinet, so you are ready to go direct to FOH (Front of House) or your soundcard / DAW with a balanced signal. There is also a Ground Lift for the DI in case you need it, and a toogle switch to select speaker mode on the DI out.
Powerful Amp Out EQ
If you use the Origin Effects BassRIG Super Vintage as a overdrive and/or tone shaping preamp in front of your existing bass amp or a rental/house back line amp, you can use the 1/4" jack output on the BassRig Super Vintage, and the super powerful Amp EQ Out dials for LF (Low Frequencies), Horn Cut (4KHz, off or 2KhZ) and HF (High Frequencies. This extremely powerful EQ is a post-drive circuit filter that allows you to match the pedal to any amplifier and cabinet and ensure that you can get the exact sound that you want.
Like any other product from Origin Effects, this pedal is build like a tank to withstand relentless gigging and life on the road.
Optional Colour matched Cali76 Compact Bass compressor:
There is hardly any good studio recording of electric bass were a high quality studio compressor was not employed, very (or maybe even most) often an Urei 1176 FET compressor.
Origin Effects got their fame from recreating that exact compressor to the Nth degree in a pedal enclosure - The Cali76 - and have a version of that tuned specifically to the frequencies that bassists need control over. Now you can even get a colour matched Cali76 Compacts Bass compressor (Super Vintage) to go with your Origin Effects BassRIG Super Vintage .
- Analogue Amp Recreation
- Complete valve amp-style signal path with dedicated class-A preamp and push-pull output stage
- Based on the Ampeg® SVT®
- Balanced DI output with analogue cabinet simulator based on the Ampeg® SVT 8x10 cabinet
- Reactive overdrive design simulates interaction between amp and speaker for realistic feel and authentic sound
- Full range of vintage bass amp tones from clean to overdriven
- Powerful tone-shaping AMP OUT EQ
- BLEND control lets you mix your drive sound in parallel with your clean signal
- Tour grade, all metal construction
- High-impedance buffered bypass with silent switching
- Designed and assembled by hand in England
- Current Draw : 150 mA minimum
- Dimensions : 14,6 x 9,2 x 6,4 cm (L x W x H) including knobs and switches
- Weight : 846 grams
- Power Requirement : 9 VDC, 2,1 mm centre-negative only
- Recommended power supply : Cioks power supplies