KingTone Vibe 1968 Univibe
Not content with just creating another clone of the famed Univibe, KingTone invested 4 years of R&D into creating the no compromise KingTone Vibe 1968, which has all the classic Univibe tones and more in a pedalboard friendly sized pedal with features never before seen on a vibe type pedal. In fact the Vibe 1968 contains two vintage vibes in one pedalboard friendly sized pedal.
The KingTone Vibe 1968 produces all the coveted vintage swirly and chewy phase, chorus and rotary speaker type tones of the best original Univibe pedals, but at the same time it features unique enhancements; including unity or boosted output volume, a deeper and fuller tonal range, two fully independent channels and much more.
Controls and Features
Like on a vintage Univibe the controls for the Vibe 1968 are controls for Rate and Depth and a toggle to switch between Vibrato and Chorus mode, with independent controls for each of the two foot switchable channels. Thus the two channels can be set completely independently and differently and when switching from one channel to the other, the Rate and Depth will ramp gently between the settings of the two channels, creating a natural, organic and almost rotary speaker effect. In example one could set channel A to a deep, swirling, vibe, chorus setting and channel B to a fast Leslie type vibrato tone and when switching between them the speed gently transitions from one setting to the next. With the two completely independent sets of controls the Vibe 1968 is in fact two vintage vibes in one pedal - crazy !!!
To describe the Vibe 1968 as beautiful inside and out is quite an understatement - it is stunning to look at and expertly build for a life on the road using the very best components and materials available.
- No Compromise Analog Vibe Tones
- Classic Photocell and Spec Bulb Design
- Dual Vibe Pedal, 2 Independent Channels
- Smooth Speed and Depth Ramp Between Settings
- Rate, Depth, Vibrato/Chorus Settings for Each Channel
- Extended Depth Control Goes From Chewy Vibe Tones To Over Modulated Throb Tones.
- Intensity Controls Go From Light Chewy Chorus or Vibrato To Classic Heavy Throb
- Pulsing Red/Cyan Indicator Lights Show Current Speed and Depth
- Top Mounted Neutrik Jack Sockets
- 100% Analog Audio Signal Path
- Internal Volume Control Lets You Set The Desired Output Volume From Unity to Boosted
- Custom Matched Photocells For The Deepest, Most Musical Sounding Vibe Effect
- We Have Managed To Fit 100% Classic, No Compromise Vibe Tones Into a Smaller Pedalboard Friendly Size.
- Bulb, Bias, Ramp Speed, Overall Depth, High and Low Speed Can All Be Adjusted
- Uses An Incandescent Bulb, No LEDs Inside!
- Custom Sparkle Grey Finish
- Laser Engraved Control Panel
- Runs On Standard 18v DC (most pedalboard power supplies feature an 18v output)
- Recommended power supply : Cioks Power Supplies
- Dimensions : 3,3 x 9,6 x 12,0 cm
- Weight : 391 grams