Browne Amplification Gritator Overdrive Pedal
There is no need to hide what this pedal is. The Browne Amplification Gritator Overdrive Pedal offers a perfectly tweaked Tube Screamer circuit, offering tones reminiscent of Stevie Ray Vaughn and John Mayer to name just a couple of the guitar legends that have used the classic Tube Screamer to shape their sound.
The classic Tube Screamer is Dave Brown's - resident genius of Browne Amplification - favorite overdrive, and with the Gritator he has tweaked the TS circuit to perfection by dialing in the midrange to be more nuanced and loose some of the inherent nasaliness of the original circuit. The low end register was tweaked to to give it more fullness, while still providing a punchy and tight low end. Furthermore the clipping was altered to be slightly less symmetrical.
The final result is a perfectly tweaked TS circuit that has all the things that made the original TS a milestone overdrive, just much improved and simply better, warmer, fuller and more dynamic. Gritator means "screamer" in Portuguese and oh boy does this pedal scream !! - The Gritator just might be our current favorite TS style pedal at the shop.
The Gritator is ideal for blues and rock players, and this perfectly tweaked pedal offers all the features you need to take your guitar tone to the next level.
- Browne Amplification Gritator Overdrive Bullfrog Belly Green
- Perfectly tweaked Tube Screamer circuit
- Controls for Level, Gain and Tone
- Dimensions : (D x W x H) 12,2 x 6,7 x 5,9 (including knobs) cm cm
- Weight : 268 grams
- Standard 9V DC negative center power / 20mA
- Power Supply NOT included, sold separately.
- Recommended power supply : Cioks Power Supplies