Browne Amplification Atom Nashville Overdrive
The Browne Amplification Atom Nashville Overdrive is the "Green" side of the Protein Dual Overdrive pedal as a stand alone pedal format.
The Browne Amplification Atom Nashville Overdrive was inspired by the venerable Nobels ODR-1 Overdrive pedal, but it is by no means a clone of the ODR-1. It is more a tweaked and optimized version of a Nobels ODR-1 style Overdrive pedal, that allows the Atom to make a thin sounding amp - or an amp that is turned down below the sweet spot - sound and feel like an amp that is at it's sweet spot where it has girth, pushes air and brings weight to the tones.
This is obtained by the many tweaks and optimizations to the circuit, including lowering the overall gain of the pedal, so the entire gain range is useful and great sounding, by restoring mids and tightening the lows in the EQ section and by redesigning the power section to restore weight to the tones plus amp like feel and sound - like a great tube amp being pushed into it's absolute sweet spot.
The Atom combines the best parts of the Nobels ODR-1 style circuit with a little bit Tube Screamer DNA sprinkled in where the original ODR-1 had weaknesses.
- Browne Amplification Atom Nashville Overdrive
- Inspired by the Nobels ODR-1 Overdrive pedal, but tweaked to far surpass the original
- True Bypass
- Soft Switching
- Controls for Level, Drive and Tone
- Dimensions : (D x W x H) 12,2 x 6,7 x 5,7 (including knobs) cm
- Weight : 268 grams
- Power consumption 11mA
- Standard 9V DC negative center power
- Power Supply NOT included, sold separately.
- Recommended power supply : Cioks Power Supplies