KingTone MiniFuzz Si Fuzz
The KingTone MiniFuzz Si is as the name implies the Silicon version of the MiniFuzz Ge.
Vintage fuzz tones from 2 Silicon BC183 Transistors
This pedal was years in the making and the circuit was carefully tweaked and designed for silicon transistors. It features 2 carefully selected Silicon BC183 Transistors for authentic sustaining "1000 lbs Violin" vintage silicon fuzz tones.
The MiniFuzz Si will however do much more than just the "1000 lbs Violin" fuzz tones, it is equally at home dishing out fierce and gritty vintage fuzz tones, the almost broken "Bender" type fuzz tone and will furthermore do the modern glitching, out-of-control big riff fuzz sounds depending on how the external Bias is set.
The MiniFuzz Si has a large control for volume, large enough that you can adjust with your foot during a song if needed.
Other controls are for Fuzz and Bias.
External Bias - extensive control of the tone
On top of the controls for Volume and Fuzz the MiniFuzz Si has an extremely powerful External Bias control that really lets you fine tune the character and type of fuzz that you want from the MiniFuzz Si
3-Way toggle for more tonal options : Fat / Full - Zonk - Vintage
The 3-way toggle let you tailor tone and response of the pedal even more to your liking.
Fat/Full gives you the classic '60's fuzz sound with a lot of warmth and bass as the pedal allows the full range of your guitar to get through, and the pedal cleans up really well.
Zonk is reminiscent of the '60's ToneBender type tones, more gritty, more midrange and the pedal cuts through a mix beautifully. If you set the Bias high or low you get some very interesting fuzz sounds full of character and grit. Set the Bias low and you can get a slightly broken and gated fuzz sound.
Vintage rolls off some of the lows and low mids as it simulates an old fuzz where the capacitors have degraded over time. The Vintage setting retains the classic fuzz tones and sounds great in a full band setting. This setting is especially useful if you are playing a humbucker-equipped guitar or just want to use other pickups than a strats bridge pickup, as many fuzz pedals have so much low end that even a strat neck pickup can get mushy sounding.
Internal DIP switches for extra tone shaping options
The MiniFuzz has 2 internal DIP switches for extra tone shaping options, one of them switches between Vintage and Boost mode, where the Boost mode increases the output level of the pedal to allow for a stronger volume boost. The second DIP switch is for engaging the DC Power Filtering circuit.
DC Power filtering
The Silicon MiniFuzz has an internal DIP switch that allows you to engage DC power filtering, if you are powering the pedal with a 9V DC power supply. This makes the DC sound more like a battery.
KingTone is renowned for superb build quality and beautiful pedals, and the MiniFuzz Si is certainly no exception - build to last a lifetime from the best materials and components available.
Germanium vs Silicon:
KingTone MiniFuzz Si Fuzz with external BIAS control
- Carefully Selected Silicon BC183 Transistors
- 3 Way Tone Toggle Switch. Fat/Full, Zonk and Vintage
- Internal DIP switch for DC power filtering when using a 9V DC plug. Helps make the DC sound more like a battery
- Internal DIP switch Vintage/Boost. In the boost setting the output of the pedal lifted to allow a stronger boost in volume
- The Bias Control Knob, Lets You Go From Violin Sustain, To Vintage, Hendrix’esque Mayhem
- 3x LEDs to clearly show when the pedal is active
- Hand Wired
- True Bypass
- Fat Fat, did I say ‘Fat’ Tone!
- Runs on Standard 9 Volt Battery or 9v DC Jack (standard center negative)
- Bias Adjust Control
- Fuzz Control. Custom made fuzz control lets you go smoothly between, almost clean to full-on fuzz
- Low bias settings will allow from modern or “Bender” type tones
- Small Enclosure Size
- Long battery life even when left plugged in
- Beautiful Inside And Out
- PCB Designed For Shortest Signal Path Even In Bypass
- Built To Last A Lifetime
- Dimensions : 3,1 x 5,8 x 11,0 cm
- Weight : 271 grams
- Recommended power supply : Cioks Power Supplies